You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Event Coordination & Support
There are 15 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Sew garment bags to protect historic textiles and clothing
- Make padded hangers for the historic clothing
- Sew historic costumes
- Fit and alter costumes for costumed staff
- Advise if costumes need to be cleaned and/or laundered
- Repair damaged or worn costumes pieces
- Maintain a catalogue of costumes
The Teen Advisory Group (TAG) acts as a resource for the Youth Services staff at the Library in areas such as book selection, volunteer support, activity planning and promotion.
- Grooming and tack up of the horse
- Leading of the horse for warm-up
- Control of the horse during class
- Un-tack horse and cleanup of equipment
- Support the rider as necessary to balance
- Assist rider to complete skills as needed
- Assist leader with tack and cleanup
- As the Social Media Coordinator, you will:
- Work with ALS Canada staff and volunteers to manage the local walks social media pages promoting the event
- Support the event’s overall execution on June 20th, 2021, in celebration of Global ALS Awareness day.
- As the Outreach & Engagement Coordinator, you will work with ALS Canada staff and volunteers to:
- Promote the event
- Develop and steward partnerships
- Encourage community participation
- Support the virtual event’s overall execution on June 20th, 2021, in celebration of Global ALS Awareness Day.
- Talk about Coffee Break in their community
- Deliver Kits to Coffee Break Hosts
- Collect donations and unused supplies following events
- Sign up new hosts
- Assist with shaping the evening (entertainment, meal, location, decor)
- Help solicit auction items and sponsorship
- Attend the gala as a volunteer in October
- This event may be held virtually during the pandemic
United Way of Bruce Grey has over 100 volunteers each year that participate in a variety of volunteer positions. They play an important role in helping us achieve our vision and mission.
- Some of our volunteer positions include the following:
- Office Administration
- Board of Directors
- Special Event Assistants
Administrative: help with mailings, thank you letters, grant writing, etc.
Events: we run events year-round, which require volunteers to keep them running smoothly
Committees: we have several ongoing and adhoc committees that meet during the year
Chapter Leadership Council (CLC)
Across the country, the Gutsy Walk is made possible due to the time and talents shared by thousands of volunteers in their communities. With a collective goal to deliver our mission of finding a cure for Crohn's and colitis, we are greatly appreciative and thankful for our volunteers who have continuously led the Gutsy Walk to success each year.
As a Gutsy Walk Planning Committee Member, you’ll be working closely with a team of other volunteers to plan and promote your local Gutsy Walk. Your efforts in connecting and engaging your community—whatever your volunteer role with Gutsy Walk—will make a big impact in raising awareness about IBD and finding cures.
In particular, we’re looking for volunteers to support their local Gutsy Walk in the following ways:
- Community Outreach –inspire people to sign up and participate in the local Gutsy Walk
- Media Relations –connect with local media outlets to promote the Gutsy Walk
- Social Media –raise awareness about IBD and the Gutsy Walk through social media
- Fundraising –organize exciting fundraisers in your community
- Corporate Sponsorship –engage with local businesses to promote donations of sponsorship and gifts in kind
- Stewardship –build relationships with Gutsy Walk participants and encourage engagement